Álvaro Cunqueiro Hospital
A hospital complex of more than 1,400 beds, whose BMS solution included the integration of all types of facilities and subsystems, and whose design was alive throughout the life cycle of the project.
Álvaro Cunqueiro Hospital has been one of the most important references in Sistrol’s history and in particular in its BMS Solutions area, because of the volume of information handled and also because of the technical complexity of the solution.
The project was carried out using a Niagara solution, which provided a centralized truly open SCADA (TrulyOpen), which allowed the integration of more than 15 subsystems, with open protocols (Bacnet, Modbus, OPC).
The project began with the ad hoc design of the solutions but throughout its development, it had to be redefined due to the commuting changes that took place in the construction of the complex.
The solution included the control electrical installation and also its integration:
- HVAC, including hot water production plants, cold water, ACS, steam, etc. As well as terminal units (fancoils and VAV system) and more than 150 air conditioners.
- Lighting, including more than 20,000 DALI-Philips luminaires
- Detection of fires.
- Pressure groups (plumbing, network, etc.).
- Garage detection and ventilation.
- CPD, which included the integration of dedicated autonomous teams and integration of UPS teams
- Electricity, including switches